Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baby Steps.....

Where to start.... I guess at the beginning... Don't worry - I just mean't the beggining of this chapter of my life.... this new, excitng, scary, life changing chapter of my life... Mothehood.

The point of it all for me is that you don't have to stop having fun & lose your self in the process....in fact the life experience you gain as a person/ a mother....only makes you a more intersting, much stronger woman.

So this will, to the best of my ability (I tend to ramble :-* ) Be about my adventures in motherhood & all the things that make life as exiting now as when you were 21 with everything ahead of you.

I love being Mia,s mother! I love the person I am, the person I want to be for her, in fact I am more comfortable in my own skin now at 31 than I have ever been. What a all consuming process at first.... But once you get over the initial "How am I going to cope with 2 hours of sleep at a time" 1st 6 weeks of parenting you start realizing that you can have a life again... you can fit into that little black number again (U can!) and you can do all the exciting things you wanted to do before children. In fact...it's soooo much better with them. It's like getting to live life all over again.....seeing things through their eyes. Ice-cream on the beach is as exciting for them as a free trip to Europe for any grown-up.

So much to do & so little time... Let the adventures begin!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!! So so true.... once you get over the inital shock, motherhood is the most amazing gift ever imaginable!!!

    Can't wait for more posts!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!
    Looking forward to new posts Gen...
    There is no job in the entire universe like being a mommy! The perks and benefits are #1!!!!!!
    Love ya!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more, hence the blog! :-) Thanks for the support my loves. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning!
    You are an example of just how wonderful "kids" are!
    Love you Hil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thanks Hil! Love you too. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete